Henslowe writes: R at harey of cornwell the 29 of aprell 159
12 ... xxvjs
In modern English: Received at Harry of Cornwall, 29th April, 1592 ... 26 shillings
|Gustav Doré's 1875 illustration|
of the murder of Henry
Harry of Cornwall had received disappointing audiences on its last outing, but that was most likely due to its being staged during Holy Week. This time, it was back to a similar level as its first outing, proving itself a reliably solid but unspectacular performer.
- Friday, 25th February - 33 shillings
- Thursday, 23rd March - 13 shillings and sixpence
- Saturday, 29th April - 26 shillings
- Transcript of this page of the Diary (from W.W. Greg's 1904 edition)
- Facsimile of this page of the Diary (from the Henslowe-Alleyn Digitisation Project)
Did I make a mistake? Do you have a question? Have you anything to add? Please post a comment below!